Wednesday, February 18, 2009

new year

it's been twelve long months with girls and beer and war
we all fell in love with tattoos and San Francisco.
we kept waking up with more weight upon our shoulders
(we found out soon enough that's what it's like to get older)

it's been one great night! my brother kissed a girl.
we took photographs like it was the end of the world.
every one of us saw our faces in a stranger, cause every one of us was realistic of the future.

it's been too damn cold for a night in the golden city
but i stayed bundled up cause i knew i had it in me.
(and i gave up my coat cause i had thrills to keep me warm)
(and i gave up my ghost cause i knew i had been reborn)
----------------------------------
and there were fireworks yes there were fireworks
(so loud)
and they were red and white cause it was midnight
(so loud)
and they were all around my friends were all around
(so loud)
it was another year i felt a little weird.



i'm not ready for a new year.
but i am running towards the new year.

No comments: